The Bascom Group, a private real estate investment firm was founded in 1996 to acquire and re-position value-add apartment properties. Since the firms’ inception, Bascom has completed over $21 billion in multifamily transactions (329+ properties / 85,000+ apt. units) and currently holds roughly 11,000 units in its portfolio spanning thirteen states including California, New Jersey, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Illinois, and Texas along with other select markets across the U.S. The firm was ranked as the nation’s top apartment renovator by Multifamily Executive Magazine in 2014.
The Bascom Group’s Acquisition Analyst Program provides hands-on, real life work experience for senior undergraduates, recent graduates, and graduate students. It is a highly selective and rigorous full time, 40+ hours per week program that offers the individual both breadth and depth of real estate acquisition, capital markets, and operation experience. This position has a minimum commitment expectation of 8 months.
- Performing financial analysis
- Conducting due diligence and field work
- Market analysis
- Preparation of investment offering memorandums
- Coordination of transaction documents and debt and equity restructuring proposals on value-add and distressed real estate opportunities as well as properties in foreclosure, bankruptcy, and receivership
- Performing asset quality inspections
- Performing leasing and marketing reviews
- Cost management analysis and other revenue enhancement studies
Depending on the individual’s interests, he/she may be provided with opportunities to supplement core responsibilities with concentrated, real estate investment projects.
- Bachelors or Masters degree either in progress or recently completed in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or other Business majors with relevant or related course work
- Strong analytical, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Track record of personal, educational, and professional success
- Computer proficiencies to include financial Microsoft Excel modeling, PowerPoint, and Word
Please email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org